What better time than Summer to embrace that we are all growing in knowledge and love of Christ?
- Whether you have a well-established practice of family devotions or are just starting, summer is a great time to add something new. Whatever you try, choose something that flows naturally from what you are already doing well. For example: If you have an established family meal, add a candle or other decoration to make a sacred space . Try adding simple, original prayers ("what was the best thing that happened to you today?" and "what are you thankful for?"). Accept whatever your children offer, and model your own authentic thanksgiving.
- If your custom is bedtime reading or prayers, take it up a notch. Try inviting each family member to reflect on where they saw God at work today. Again, your own sincere offering is the greatest gift you can offer your children.
- If you find yourselves together for reading time, take a few minutes to re-read Sunday's Gospel and discuss it.
- If you always read together, try taking your discussion of what you read "to the next level." Do you like this character? I wonder what it is like to be him/her? Was there another choice that could have been made here? What do you think God would want to see happen in this situation/for this character?
- Add a Gratitude Practice at whatever time works best for your family (in the car?).